Thursday, February 20, 2014

Melody's New Dress!

Hi Girls!
I finally finished Melody's dress this morning, so here are the pictures I promised.




For the bodice pattern, I used the One shoulder dress tutorial, but used a her circle skirt tutorial for the skirt instead, but made it slightly longer. 

I'm quite happy with how it turned out, but believe me, it was a total nightmare to sew! Being the Avocado-Green lining silk that it was, it kept slipping all over the machine. But I must say, the results we totally worth it!

Anyway, hope you liked it! It's Melody's new favourite, and she doesn't want to take it off!

Next projects are: A matching jacket for this dress, a smock-style winter play dress, a bubble dress and another pair of leggings. All coming soon, with tutorial/pattern/book links and photos!

Love,


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I take it your sewing machine is not broken like mine is ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, Juliet! (sorry, I have an obsession with speaking the little french that I know right now!) Actually, my sewing machine is a little broken, it's just Mum hasn't helped me fix it yet. So I used hers, which, thankfully, worked pretty much fine! If you have any ideas of things you'd like me to sew, you're welcome to just comment on any of these posts with a link, and I'd be happy to do it!
      Jessica
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great job! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning. You did a wonderful job with that dress. Love it and the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody! I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. I love the color of her dress! She looks really pretty in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for an award! Check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you: http://dollygirlstreasures.blogspot.ca/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!! Your so talented! I wish I could sew like you

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for commenting!
Your comments are very much appreciated, and I will try my best to reply to any questions as soon as I can!
However, please don't use:

God's name in vain
any bad language
text language

and that's all! Any comments that do not follow these rules will be immediately deleted. Thanks and happy commenting!
Jessica